Monday, July 20, 2015

SIA: PSA



The Singing Butler by Jack Vettriano
Oil on canvas, 1992

An alternate title to this post would be Sick and Tired. I have been fighting a summer cold (they are the literal worst this time of year) for almost two weeks, which knocked me on my ass and into bed for almost an entire week. I've been miserable. And as you can probably guess (and as anyone who has worked in a public library will tell you), this is the absolute busiest time of the year for me at work. And my supervisor has been out all summer on maternity leave, which has made things a smidge more stressful/overwhelming. So when I picked this week's SIA, I wanted to find something that would transport me to somewhere I wanted to be: a different land of sorts, somewhere fantastic. I feel like The Singing Butler works for that.

Send me your submissions for this week's SIA by July 27th! Enjoy--that red is too good to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment