Friday, June 19, 2015

Style Imitating Art: Bear in Boat



It's been a hell of a week, and is going to continue into the weekend. I finally--FINALLY--have wifi, though, so here (a grossly embarrassing four days late) is this week's Style Imitating Art! This week's inspiration was Bear in Boat by Joyce Koskenmaki.

First up is Stephanie. She wanted to include her dog, but she couldn't find a boat suitable for this week. I still think she rocked it! The green of her shirt matches the corners of the painting very well.



Next is Alison from Nouveau North Westerners. She's newish ti SIA but she looks like a pro! Her scarf adds the perfect amount of whimsy to match the painting.



Karen from She Thought She Could is doing SIA for the first time, and she looks awesome too! I never would have thought to pick a tan vest and it looks amazing!



I believe Kezzie recently suggested we use something other than "adorable" to describe her submissions. So...awesome? Does that work? The dress is a great colour and I love the pop of black underneath! It's a little feisty!



Jen of Librarian for Life and Style is crushing the shirtdress game right now, and I have major envy--I wish I could wear one that well! I love the pattern too, it's so eyecatching.



My SIA cocreator Salazar of 14 Shades of Grey ain't happy with this outfit, but I think she looks chill. I like the plaid, and that cat looks quite similar to another animal involved in this post...



And last but maybe not least is me! This is actually an old photo but this is exactly the outfit I was going to photograph...except I can't find the top anywhere. It is GONE. Just another thing to tack onto this week, I guess!



Thank you all for participating, and I apologise for being so late getting this post up. It's been a very long and trying week at work, my boyfriend bought a house on June 12th, and our wifi has been down since Sunday. I also can't find one half of my favourite pair of shoes. Like I said, it's been a week! Thanks for being patient with me while my little world tries to hop back on its axis. XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment