Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Guest post: Things that rhyme with orange

Hey y'all! I'm on vacation, so I've asked some lovely ladies to babysit the ol' AC while I'm gone. Make Gracey feel welcome, will you?

Hello, Animated Cardigan Readers!

I am Gracey, from Fashion for Giants, and Jess has graciously let me guest post on her lovely blog while she’s out gallivanting. After considering, and rejecting, such varied subjects as Glitter (the movie, not the craft supply), 80s fashion and what the heck pearl jam is, I’ve decided to write about things that rhyme with orange.

Let’s get started, shall we?

So, what rhymes with orange? Nothing. Unless, of course, there is some word in the now defunct Mura language of the Amazon that rhymes with orange and then the answer is something but nothing anybody knows any more. With the caveat that if the word is in the Piraha dialect of the Mura language then there are still some people who know a word that rhymes with orange.

Still, that’s a pretty darned slim probability so let’s just say nothing shall we? Now, I know your kind-hearted inclination is to pity orange for not being able to be used in a Jay Z rhyme, but don’t worry. Happily for us and for orange, there are a lot of things that go with orange.

Like blue and purple and white and khaki and olive and pink and gray and, oh, lots of things. For example, I am the proud owner of some orange corduroy pants that have become a closet workhorse for me due to orange’s uncanny ability not rhyme with anything but to go with most everything.

Like blue:



And cream:



And turquoise:



And peach:



So, don’t pity orange; instead, celebrate it by wearing it with all the many, many colors that go with it.

And come visit me at Fashion for Giants! I wear other colors too!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment