Monday, December 3, 2012

Good gracious







Top: JCPenney | Skirt: Gap Outlet | Wedges: Target

I've always been an admirer of Henri Matisse. I spent about three years stalking the Matisse cutouts at the National Gallery of Art, because they were in a unique location and only open during certain times of the day to protect the paper, and then they were being moved to a different location, and then I was there at the wrong time of day. I finally, finally got to see them on a visit to DC with my ex & E., and I'll never forget it. They were enormous (and we all know by now how I love large artwork). They were crisp, bright, brilliant. I sat and stared while my companions grew fidgety and eventually I was coaxed out of the room because it was closing for the day. It was a wonderful experience.

Salazar picked an beautiful stained glass window by Matisse for this week's Style Imitating Art, and I'm thrilled that she did. Lines, pattern, vibrant colours. Check out her blog to see more outfits inspired from this inspiring piece.

Ps. Good god. No I did not realise how short this skirt is and I am very glad I did not go out in public dressed like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment