Monday, May 21, 2012

But I'm not feeling the unibrow


Time Flies by Frida Kahlo







Necklace: JCPenney | Dress: Gap Outlet | Belt: Target | Wedges: Payless | Blush: the old Stila Paris palette

I've never particularly admired Frida Kahlo's work. It's not that I don't appreciate her work, but I've never been OMG about it. However, I've readjusted my view. The woman is awesome. Especially in this line of blogging, where I take photographs of myself every. single. day, it can be hard to remain creative and fresh. (Part of the reason why SIA was born!) And Frida Kahlo did something similar--self portraits, I think, are far harder when you paint them, and Kahlo made some extremely unique and creative ones. So thanks, Vivienne, for picking this artwork for this week's Style Imitating Art! Check out her blog later today for the full complement of SIA entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment