Monday, April 23, 2012

Circle takes the square













Necklaces: chains from other necklaces | Cardigan: Gap | Dress: Belk | Belt: Old Navy | Bracelet: JCPenney necklace | Tights: Target | Heels: Nine West | Lips: Maybelline ColorSensational Make Me Pink over Chapstick | Nails: butter London Lady Muck

It's really tempting for me to say that this outfit is preppy. It feels pretty close. But then I look at blogs like this (and pictures like this--new goal: recreate!), and I know I'm nowhere close. First, I'm not skinny (have you ever seen anyone who isn't who successfully wears prep? Very sad but true), and second/more importantly, it's really not who I am. My hair is never straight. I don't do polo shirts. I avoid pastels & cable knit sweaters. My pearls only come out of the safe deposit box (you read that right) for weddings and graduations. But for a day, it's nice to pretend. Expect a teal pencil skirt and some crazy wedges tomorrow to rinse out the prep residue.

Want to see how Salazar styled today's Style Imitating Art? Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment