Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book lover









Dress as top: eShakti | Cami: Eddie Bauer | Skirt: Target | Tights: Target | Wedges: Target | Lips: Maybelline ColorSensational Plum Perfect

A couple of you probably noticed my On the Shelf feature on the sidebar, which listed the books I was reading. You may also have noticed that I'm referring to it in the perfect tense, since it is no longer there. I deleted it after realizing that grad school is probably going to stop me from reading for fun, or even for work, more than a book a month. I usually breeze through one a week, but so far this year, I've read four, three of which were before school started.

I rotate the book discussion at work every month with my coworker, and today was my first discussion of 2012, Tess of the d'Urbervilles. A personal favourite of mine, but this month I struggled to finish it and slammed through the last 60 pages TODAY. I don't know how, I don't know why, but I was merited for my battle by being dubbed Jess of the d'Urbervilles by the book group. And though On the Shelf is gone and I won't read another book for two months, I can proudly say that having that nickname makes zipping through Tess very much worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment