Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sad, then happy, then wtf



Necklace: JCPenney
Sweater: gift from parents
Skirt: thrifted
Tights: Target
Wedges: Shoe Carnival



Do you remember the cat from this post? Her name was Abigail, and we adopted her waaaaay back in 1999. She was basically the best cat I've ever met--not a mean bone in her body, always happy, knew she was in charge, and pretty much had the run of the place. She died at the age of 13 (!) in November, and my parents and I were absolutely heartbroken. Abby moved with us from NJ to SC, and she was the last remaining cat from that part of our lives.



After a couple months of mourning, I caught my mother on petfinder.com (do you see where this is going?) and by the time 2012 rolled around, we were driving to Charlotte to meet a new black cat who we would eventually adopt, named Hera. Hera has been fitting in pretty well--she fights with the other cats, but much like Abby, she's very social, loves people, purrs VERY loudly, and loves to play. She also greatly appreciates attention. Unfortunately, a side effect of this can-do attitude is that today while I was doing some reading for one of my classes she vaulted onto my back and clung there, hanging off me, with her nails firmly sunk into my flesh.

My back is now a paisley of Hello Kitty band aids and allergic rashes. AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment