Saturday, March 5, 2011

Up



Shirt: provided by work! FREE SHIRT
Jeans: Walmart
Boots: Target
Balloons: provided by work! FREE BALLOONS



Here are some pictures of me with balloons! Coworker F. insisted that I would be disowned if I didn't talk about the reason for these balloons because I "took them from kids who wanted them", but I too am a kid (at heart) who wanted a balloon! There's nothing WRONG with wanting a balloon.

But I'll talk about my day anyway because it was pretty cool, if exhausting. I work at a library and today was our annual (and final) children's festival, which this year involved, in no particular order: sport dogs, rain, Karma Wilson, paintball, a cappella, lost children, R.L. Stine, tons of people and free food. I spent most of my day telling people that R.L. Stine's talks were full and they could watch it on the live feed we had set up in the reference area.

Live feed. That's how big this was.



Despite the hugeness of it all and the fact that about 7 gallons of water dumped off an awning and onto me (fortunately I was under an umbrella!), I had a good time. It's amazing to see so many families and children come into the library, especially ours, which is attempting a difficult transformation from simple home of knowledge to community center AND home of knowledge without sacrificing service.

Lastly, I remind you all that there is nothing wrong with wanting a balloon. In fact, let me leave you with this wise quote from a wise soul:

"Nobody can be uncheered by a balloon." Winnie the Pooh

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! You're blog is pretty cool! I am going to start the 30 for 30 challenge soon! Your outfits are all so cute!! Feel free to check out my blog!

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique and thank you! Good luck with your 30 for 30, I'll be sure to stop by and take a peek at your picks!

    ReplyDelete