Monday, March 21, 2011

Classy & brassy



Cardigan: TJMaxx
Shirt: Target
Skirt: JCPenney
Tights: Target
Wedges: Target



I'm not going to lie, I picked half of these pictures (the two below) simply because I liked how my hair looked. I have mentioned my hair in passing but it's time to give credit where credit is due: most days I don't feel right if my hair is pulled back. I generally do it because I don't wash my hair everyday--if I do it dries out, but if I don't it's oily on day two. So back it goes. And I dislike it quite a lot, because I consider my hair The Accessory when it comes to my outfits.

I don't want to brag about it, but my hair is my absolute best feature, far and away. I've had people ask to buy my hair, play with it, or touch it on various occasions. I almost never put product in it--it's all natural--and I don't style it because it gets aggressive when I try to tell it what to do.



When I was in high school and college, my hair stretched down to the bottom of my back and it was so easy for me to just split my hair in half & pull both sides of the shrub around my face, especially since my acne was so, so bad. It took a long time for me to grow out from behind my hair (cutting off a foot my senior year and donating it helped with that), but now that I know the difference between letting my hair do the work for me and working against it, I feel like I've reached a happy medium. Basically, I just ignore it. That's all it takes.

How is your relationship with your hair?

5 comments:

  1. My relationship with my hair?? Don't even get me started. 99% of the time, it's the bane of my existence.
    I do love the outfit. Simple, but with enough of a pop to make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is gorgeous. I want it!

    Lately I am happy with my hair except for the grays. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Meghan! I'm back to my awful habit of trying on 30 different outfits 15 minutes before leaving for work, and somehow this came to be. Need to plan ahead so my outfits aren't squeezing by so much!

    Cathy: no way, embrace the gray! I have a few gray hairs at the front of my left temple, right at my part, and I like to show them to people like they're my children =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is lovely. My relationship with my hair is a tumultuous one. It's almost as if my hair has a mind of its own. I change my hair so frequently people who don't know me well or see me often are constantly introducing themselves to me as if we've never met. I like to think my hair itself comes up with these sudden urges to be dyed or cut or drastically changed and then filters these thoughts into my brain. One day I fear it will just decide to fall off altogether. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Elle, thank you! Once in a while a friend will look at me and ask if I've cut my hair. Usually they're about a month late, but better late than never. I wish I had the audacity to change my hair more than an inch or two at a time! I don't have enough confidence to do something like that...and my hair would probably aggressively revolt.

    ReplyDelete