Sunday, March 27, 2011

April wish list

Well you guys I did next to nothing of worth today so instead of showing you my awesome outfit of jeans/curling pants and a sweatshirt, here are a few things I'm currently lusting after. Maybe I'll do this monthly. Maybe I won't. WHO KNOWS?! Keep reading to find out! ;)



I can't lie to y'all, my April clothing budget is going directly to these curling shoes by Olson. For the last however many years curling shoes have been around, they have been made in many colours, all of which are called black. I've been holding off on purchasing curling shoes a) because I'm poor, boo hoo; b) because I wasn't sure if I could make this a Thing like horseback riding is; and c) because curling shoes are u-g-l-y you ain't got no alibi. Then Olson came along with these amazing shoes! My feet are burning to have the shoes on them. Basically, my feet want to go to there.



When Rebecca with an R posted herself wearing an adorable dress from eShakti, I was on that site like white on rice. I'm a little crushed that her dress isn't available anymore, but then I found this puppy. The colour is perfect, the chest detail is perfect, and I have heard nothing but good about eShakti's customer service and tailoring. Yeah, they do custom sizing. I need some of that in my life.



I follow a blog called It's Nice That, and a long time ago they did a post on Coralie Bickford-Smith's cover designs for new Penguin Classics. The one word to describe these books is beauty and everything the definition embodies; every cover is simplistic in design but intricately detailed and perfectly coloured. I especially love this cover of The Odyssey, and I also covet this edition of my favourite book, Tess of the d'Urbervilles. I would love Smith & Penguin to collab on The Aeneid too!

What do you covet for April?

6 comments:

  1. That is one perfect dress. Thanks for posting this link, I may have to shift some monies around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is very cute indeed!

    I am loving mint green so much this season. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh K that dress would look awesome on you!

    From Suns to Moons: you're welcome! There's some beautiful dresses on that site!

    I totally agree, Addie! Mint green was really popular in nail polish last year so it only follows that it would be popular in clothing. I love light and mint greens so anything in that section of the colour spectrum is a winner with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo love that dress! It reminds me of an adult Alice in Wonderland and I spent my lunch break perusing that site - there goes my "fun funds" for the month of April. :)

    Also... I find that awesome that you play curling, curl, participate in curling - I'm not sure of the correct terminology with that. I had a German Shepherd once who never watched TV except for in the Olympics whenever curling was on she was fascinated by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Elle you hit the nail on the head! It's whimsical and lively but classic. Adult Alice is the perfect way to describe it! My fun funds/tax return may have to go toward something from that site too :)

    & thank you :) I'm pretty sure the correct verbage is "I curl" or "I am a curler" so curl would be the right word to use. I know a lot of people who feel the same way as your German Shepherd--they're entranced by curling and love watching it during the Olympics. I've only been curling for a year but I quite love it and can't believe I didn't start curling until I moved to the south!

    ReplyDelete