Monday, February 14, 2011

Quattordecim



Necklace: Target
Top: Anthropologie
Pants: JCPenney
Socks: Walmart
Flats: Banana Republic



I talked my coworker T. into taking outfit pictures for me today at lunch (thanks T!), mostly because it would have been too dark to take pictures when I got out of work.

This outfit's pretty simple and/or boring and shockingly, this is the first time my beloved black sailor pants have made an appearance in my 30 for 30! I guess that's a good sign? I'm sure these pants will reappear a few times in the next sixteen days.



Since it's Valentine's Day, I thought I'd maybe show you my valentine. Sound good?!

My valentine is 26 years old (& I'm 24) and is originally from South Carolina. He already has gray hair but I think it looks good on him. He's the same height as me and over the years we've fought a lot but it's brought us closer, I think. He's really accident prone--one time he managed to fall through a wire fence and slice his ankle open! We met when I was 13 and I can't believe how much we've been through together and how far we've come. He's a bit camera shy but I was able to talk him into a picture with me!



This is my horse, Jehossee. The last 11 years with him have been a mammoth battle between us for the boss in our working relationship, but he's taught me an incredible amount since I started riding him. Jehossee used to be a crabby horse with little patience, but after many years I was able to cultivate a great understanding with him. Rehabbing him after 3 years of no work and figuring out how to ride him was a massive challenge, but by the time he finished his riding career we had successfully exhibited in some local shows. I was blissfully lucky to be given ownership of him four months before moving to South Carolina, and now he is happily retired. I love him with all my heart, even when he decides I'm not worth his time. He's the best valentine I could ask for.

I hope you're all able to spend lots of time with whomever or whatever you love today! I'll see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. The same height as you, HAHAHA. You guys are quite a pair. I think he's beautiful!

    And again, I want this location. AND your Anthro top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are totally the same height...unless he lifts his head up in the air. Then I've been beat. & thank you, he's the apple of my eye :)

    How about I trade you some of my abandoned factories for some of your bushes and moss? I'll even throw in half of my Anthro top.

    ReplyDelete