Saturday, January 22, 2011

Secondaries



Cardigan: J. Crew
Dress: Ann Taylor
Belt: Target
Tights: Target
Heels: Madden Girl via...maybe Ross?
Hair clip: Anthropologie

How do you take a plain (mostly plain) black dress and inject colour into it? I was lucky to pull together a triad of secondary colours to shake this dress up a bit. I'm likely to stick with grays and black when I wear this dress and it's time to stop that.



This cardigan, of course, somehow snuck into the dryer and shrunk so I wasn't sure about wearing it. I tried about five different wearing options--open, closed, belt, no belt, different belt--before landing on this one. I of course futzed around with it all night at work.



I also wore different glasses! And I can still see.



See the hair bow, be the hair bow. I actually don't wear this hair clip a lot because the bobby pin on it is too tight and usually ends up pulling on my hair, but I was able to finagle it this time and get it work. And check out that mole! I didn't even know that was there. Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I just love this dress and the cardigan with it adds the perfect amount of color.

    Brooke
    prettypennymae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Brooke! That's why I can't let that cardigan go despite the shrinkage--the colour is too good!

    ReplyDelete