Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolve



Necklace: Anthropologie
Top: JCPenney
Skirt: JCPenney
Tights: Target
Wedges: Shoe Carnival

Okay, here's the thing. My rule, usually, is no resolutions. I think it's a bit silly because they're mostly fodder for the beginning of the year, no one sticks to them or even remembers what they are, and because I'm large, people always expect my resolution to be to lose weight. So I always said to hell with that.

This year I'm making a resolution and making it stick: make this blog successful.

Whatever successful means to me, I'll gauge it at the end of the year and see what happens. Five new followers? New venues, better photos, more creative outfits? I don't know what success will be, but I'll know it if when it comes.



Maybe this resolve is thanks to my outfit, which makes me feel quite powerful indeed. I love this top because it makes my shoulders look wider and has a touch of military feel without actually having any military details.



I also love this necklace, which I thought would look kind of lame with the stripes but it ended up being just what the outfit needed. A bit of sparkle.



Best part? Foxtail.

So now that I feel powerful and ready to take on the world, camera in one hand and tights in the other, tell me your new year's resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment