Monday, January 31, 2011

Au revoir



Necklace: Anthropologie
Cardigan: Target
Top: Target
Pants: JCPenney
Socks: parts unknown
Wedges: Shoe Carnival

One final outfit comprised of 30 for 30 leftovers. Everything but the necklace and socks! Oh, and the dog.



This top seems to be ultrapopular in the blogging world; E. from Academichic, Tania from What Would a Nerd Wear and Kendi of Kendi Everyday all own it. That makes it a winner in my book, and it's surprisingly flattering for having horizontal stripes. Sometimes I wear this top with my black sailor pants and I feel like Coco Chanel.



Hello there majorly overexposed photograph!



It was cold, y'all.

So with today's outfit I say goodbye to most of my closet, most of my clothing and probably all of my wit and charm by day 16. Here is my promised comically stitched photo of my closet:



And yes, that is an Andy Warhol inspired portrait of Justin Bieber. Shame me if you must but take solace in the fact that I did not make it myself, it was a gift from this gal. Tomorrow: day one.

6 comments:

  1. The moulding around your closet it so nice! Love your necklace today. I have been looking for a "mixed media" necklace but haven't found one I like that doesn't weigh ten pounds around my neck : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Dee! I picked & stained the moulding myself in the hope that it would match the rest of the moulding in my room. Definitely check Anthro's site for necklaces! They have a lot of great ones and they're terribly expensive but they go to sale quite often--this one was $20! I've also found that a lot of their big statement necklaces are still pretty lightweight. I can't stand a heavy necklace around my neck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color combo is perfect. And that necklace is adorable.

    I started the 30 for 30 challenge too so come and check it out, and there's a giveaway coming later this week too (hint hint)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marie-Eve! Good luck with your 30 for 30!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your style! and this cardi is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sarah! The cardigan is the perfect hue of purple--not too red, not too blue!

    ReplyDelete