Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The work party

Here, belatedly, is the holiday party post with my coworker!



My coworker C. (on the left) wrote her very own post to go with the picture! Read on:

Tonight C. is wearing a black and white animal print sweater paired with tailored black trousers both by Multiples purchased at Dillards. Watch and earrings by Guess. Her bracelet is a handcrafted gift from her daughter. Her shoes are black patent leather low wedges by Nine West, which she snagged for a deal at TJ Maxx. Notice the cohesion of the repeating circle design on both the earrings and shoes (see below) which pulls everything together.



(C. can't sit still!)

On J. (right):
Dress: Handsewn by my mother
Cardigan: Target
Necklace: Target
Tights: Target
Flats: Steve Madden

I have to say I'm impressed by the amount of support my coworkers have shown me in starting this blog! (Hi everyone!) C. was so excited that she wrote her own post, and today at our shared desk computer I found that someone had typed the address to my blog into the address bar. Goodness.

This dress is really important to me--my mom made it for my college graduation ball, and she put an incredible amount of work into it. It is beautiful and I only wore it twice in college before it was relegated to a garment bag in my closet. I broke it out for the holiday party but was obliged to put a cardigan on because my chest area was a bit overwhelming! It was not like that two years ago!

Our shoes, as C. mentioned, were pretty awesome. They added cohesion for both of us, and we were comfortable and classy in our flats!

No comments:

Post a Comment