Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What to wear when you feel like death

Hint: probably not this.



Cardigan: Target
Top: Anthropologie
Pants: Target
Socks: Target
Shoes: Target

I have felt like I've been Zamboni'd all week. Since Sunday I've been fighting a very nasty cold/sinus infection/nasal thing that has taken me over. I have also been dragging myself into work, Monday & Tuesday because I was facilitating programs, and Wednesday (today) because I thought I could do it, I really did! And then around 3pm patrons were telling me I sounded awful and at the behest of my coworkers, I was sent on my way with a sick leave request and a box of decongestants. I spent the rest of my afternoon/evening passed out.

It's really hard to get dressed when you're sick. Most people, very understandably, take a pass and throw in whatever's clean and a giant warm sweater because when you're sick, the last thing you want to think about is putting together an outfit. I didn't want to do that simply because I was having dinner with friends afterward and didn't want to look like I felt--I thought that if I wore something nice, I'd feel nice. WRONG



On the bright side, I did receive a lot of compliments on my outfit, especially the top. I absolutely love this shirt; I bought it from Anthropologie in a moment of weakness/when it was on sale, and despite it being a large, I think it fits me very well. My only complaint is that the cowl is definitely waaaaaay too low. I have a fairly small chest, but this top without something underneath makes me look like Dolly Parton. Maybe that's not a bad thing? (No, it's a bad thing.) I also have a hard time matching it to anything, which is why it usually sits in my closet. I'm trying to get past matching it anymore, and moving on to pairing. It's a fine line to toe.



Which is why I'll need good shoes to do it.

How do you handle dressing when you're sick? Is there a go-to outfit you wear?

1 comment:

  1. When I am feeling sick, I usually go dress WAY BETTER to counter how crap I feel. Though this usually isn't a good idea when I am stomach sick so I don't get vomit all over nice clothes.

    LOVE YOUR OUTFIT though. Very stylish and comfy looking.

    ReplyDelete